Consult the file below to get basic information (title, abstract, organizer(s)) about all panel proposals that have been accepted for the 16th International Pragmatics Conference.
In addition to panels, lectures, and posters, invited plenary lectures will be presented by:
- Eric ANCHIMBE, Universität Bayreuth (website), working title Postcolonial pragmatics and the discourses of the margins
- Jonathan CULPEPER, Lancaster University (website), working title Identity in pragmatics
- Louise CUMMINGS, Hong Kong Polytechnic University (website), working title The role of pragmatics in the diagnosis of dementia
- GU Yueguo, The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Beijing (website), working title A multimodal corpus-based study of pre-speech children, autism and Alzheimer's disease: Substantiating Morris' lost behavioral semiotic pragmatics
- Meredith MARRA, Victoria University of Wellington (website), working title Fancy fence work: Harnessing the affordances of the periphery
- Marina TERKOURAFI, Leiden University (website), working title Toward an intuitive pragmatics
More tentative titles to be added soon.
On Sunday morning, 9 June 2019, a number of pragmatics/linguistics associations from the East Asian region will organize a pre-conference session on East Asian Pragmatics: History and development